LANDLORD AGREEMENT FOR CONTINUED SERVICE
COME NOW, Spanish Fork City, a Municipal Corporation of the State of Utah, hereinafter CITY, and Property Owner listed above, hereinafter PROPERTY OWNER, who recite and agree as follows:
1. CITY supplies utility service to property belonging to PROPERTY OWNER located at rental property address(es) indicated above.
2. PROPERTY OWNER rents the property to other individuals and desires that the person or persons renting the property from PROPERTY OWNERS be responsible to pay utilities utilized by them.
3. The foregoing notwithstanding, in the event the premises are vacated, PROPERTY OWNER desires that utility service not be terminated but continue until a substitute tenant or entity contracts with the CITY for the provision of utility services.
4. It is therefore agreed that in the event any service contract for the provision of utilities at the above address is terminated for any reason that the undersigned shall immediately become responsible for the payment of utilities provided to the address at the rates and in accordance with the regulations as established by the Spanish Fork City Council, including the minimum charges for all utility services, PROPERTY OWNER shall have the right to avoid minimum utility service charges only by requesting the CITY to terminate utility service to the premises. If PROPERTY OWNER's Landlord account is past due and a tenant of PROPERTY OWNER tries to sign in for utilities, the tenant will not be allowed to sign in until PROPERTY OWNER's Landlord account is paid current.
5. The City requires free unobstructed access to all utility meters at all times.
6. CITY agrees that upon termination of the service contract, utility bills will be sent by United States Mail postage prepaid, to the PROPERTY OWNER at the Property Owner's Mailing Address shown earlier in this document.
7. Notice of termination of the contract and the establishment of a new account with an accordance with this agreement shall be sent upon termination to the address provided in paragraph 6, preceding by United States Mail postage prepaid. Notice shall be complete upon mailing.
8. It shall be the duty of PROPERTY OWNER to notify CITY of any change of address to be used for the purposes specified in paragraphs 6 and 7.
9. In the event payment is late, a 5% late fee will be assessed. There will be a charge on all returned checks in the maximum amount allowed by state law, and PROPERTY OWNER agrees to pay the same. Utility service is subject to city ordinances and policies established by the Spanish Fork City Council.
10. In the event that an account is placed with a collection agency for collection, PROPERTY OWNER shall be responsible for all collection costs incurred including a collection fee of up to 40%, pursuant to the provisions of Utah Code Ann. §12-1-11.
11. PROPERTY OWNER hereby warrants and affirms that the information provided on this form is true and correct to the best of their knowledge. FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRUE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER UTAH CODE §76-8-504. PROPERTY OWNER affirms, understands, and agrees to comply with the provisions of this agreement.