All applications should be typed and answers kept to a maximum of 100 words.
The Next Generation programme, aims to develop the future leaders of the potato industry and to give them exposure to the wider supply chain. The programme is an initiative to engage younger growers and entrants to the potato supply chain through a training and development programme. It has been designed to improve understanding and communication across the potato sector and consists of presentations, interactive discussions and supply chain visits.
The group will learn about the potato sector in its entirety, focusing on the Promotion, Production and Protection of our industry. The programme will take place between May 2015 and March 2016:
• 11 May 2015 – Introduction launch day: AHDB offices, Stoneleigh Park - Warwickshire (1 Day)
• 10 June 2015 – Focus on processing: McCain Foods (GB) Ltd & R S Cockerill – Yorkshire (1 Day)
• 8 July 2015 – Focus on potato handling and engineering technology: Tong Peal & Grimme – Lincolnshire (1 Day)
• 9 September 2015 – Focus on Storage: Sutton Bridge Crop Storage Research – Lincolnshire (1 Day)
• 12 November 2015 – Scale of the potato supply-chain: BP2015 (www.bp2015.co.uk) & guest at the Potato Industry Dinner (1 Day)
• 9 & 10 December 2015 – Seed focus: Exports, inspections, phytosanitary opportunities; protecting nuclear stock; minituber production; selecting and sourcing stocks – Scotland (2 Days including 1 overnight stay)
• 13 January 2016 – Keeping potatoes on the political agenda: NFU London office & Parliament – London (1 Day)
• 23 March 2016 – Course round up, prize giving and dinner. AHDB offices, Stoneleigh Park - Warwickshire (1 Day + overnight stay)
The closing date for applications is 13 March 2015.
Places on the Potato Council ‘Next Generation’ are allocated through an application process. This application form needs to be fully completed and submitted by 5pm on Friday 13 March 2015.