• Security Deposit. The security deposit of $450 is due at the time of signing the Contract. The security deposit will be held and returned back to the Renters if no damage is done to the property or rented areas, if the rented areas are cleaned and left in same condition as found and no additional time or space rental charges were incurred by the renter. If the $450 damage deposit is to be returned, it will be returned within five business days. In this time, the Center will complete a full assessment of the property and facility rentals.
• Rental Fee. The Total Rental Fee is due in full no later than 14 days prior to the event date, unless the contract is completed closer to the date of usage, in which case the total fee will be due and payable with the signing of the Contract.
• Cancellation/Refund. If cancellation by either party is more than 45 days before the scheduled use of the facilities the rental fee and the deposit(s) will be returned. If Renter cancels 15-45 days prior to the event then all paid amounts less the deposit will be refunded. If Renter cancels less than 15 days prior to the event the Renter forfeits the security deposit.
• Returned Checks/ NSF Debit Cards. There will be a $50.00 fee for any returned checks or declined credit cards.
Set Up, Clean Up, Caterers, Decorations & Rented Equipment
• Set Up. Access to the facilities for setting up, including Caterer’s set-up, will be during the hours stated on the face of this contract only. If renter would like to have the Center be the supplier of tables and chairs, the Center is responsible for set up and taking down of these items. The Center’s staff will not be responsible moving, setting up, or taking down, stacking of tables and chairs and other equipment brought in by the Renter, Caterer or other. Renter is responsible for all set-up and break down, including stacking of all tables and chairs and other equipment used during the event, unless an equipment set-up fee has been paid.
• Clean-Up. All rented areas must be left in as good of condition and repair as found at the beginning of the rental period. All food, beverages, equipment and rented supplies must be removed from the premises immediately after each use of the facilities and no later than 25 minutes after the end time stated on the face of this contract; otherwise Renter will be charged $100 for the additional time in one hour increments. Any catering areas must be cleaned and left in an "as found or better" condition. All trash must be removed from the Renter’s designated area and placed in an appropriate dumpster (a Center representative will provide a key to the dumpster). Renter must immediately take care of any spillage. If Renter is unable to remove spillage, The Center will have area professionally cleaned at Renter’s expense. The Main Gallery must be swept and moped if needed and furniture should be placed as it originally was. If facilities are not cleaned and in the same condition originally found, a minimum of $50 of the damage deposit will be kept.
• Parking. The parking lot is available on a non-exclusive basis for event guests.
• Decorations. Except with prior written consent by the Center, Renter shall not cause or permit the facilities to be injured, marred, or in any manner defaced or changed. This includes the use of nails, hooks, tacks, screws or other fasteners into any part of the facilities. No decorations such as posters, pictures or banners are to be fastened to walls, woodwork or curtains. Decorations outside in the courtyard are feasible, so long as there is no damage to the exterior or harm the trees, plants, or anything else that affects the appearance of the courtyard.
• Rented Equipment. All rented equipment and supplies must be delivered the day of the event during the hours specified on the front of this contract and picked up before 10:00 AM the following business morning, unless special arrangements have been prearranged and approved by the Center.
• Caterers. Caterers must have proper licenses and liability insurance coverage. The Center requires that a copy of the Caterer's Certificate of Insurance be made available for its files at least two weeks before the catered event, and that it list "The Center for Fine Art Photography, Inc." as an additional insured on their policy. All Caterers’ equipment must be removed the day of the event. The Center is not responsible for any damage, loss or stolen property or equipment of the Caterer or Renter, or any property rented for use by the Caterer or Renter.
Destruction and Damage
• Damage. Renter is responsible for any damages to the facilities or artwork during the rental period. Renter shall pay for all necessary repairs. If a photograph can be repaired then the repair costs will be charged to the Renter. If the photograph cannot be repaired than the selling price will be charged to the Renter. Renters are not responsible for weather damages or damages that are out of the Renters control.
• Building Security. The Center is not responsible for any valuable items left in the facilities. If this event is a public event separate security measures may be necessary please see the Center for details.
Food, Beverage and Products-Food Permit Contact Info Located at the end of this document.
• Alcohol. Alcoholic beverages may be served in the facilities so long as the Renter’s event is an Invitation Only/Private Party and the alcohol is not being sold. In addition to alcohol, no sales of any kind are to take place during the event. The Renter must also maintain a list of invited guests. If the event is open to the public, then the Renter must have his/her own liquor license and must present a copy to The Center prior to the event. No one under the legal age of 21 may be served alcohol. The Renter is solely responsible for monitoring all guests, public or private, for excess consumption as required by the State of Colorado and the City of Fort Collins statutes regulating alcohol, in addition to monitoring all guests to ensure that they remain on the Center’s property for the during of the event.
• Food and Beverage. Food and Beverages are permitted in event areas. If the Renter is renting the gallery space all beverages and food must be kept at a distance of 3 feet from images on the wall or other artwork. All spills must be cleaned immediately to avoid damage to floor and sub floor. If food or beverage comes into contact with a print, renter must contact the Center representative immediately.
• No Smoking of Any Substance. No Smoking is permitted in any part of The Centers’ facilities or grounds.
• Compliance. Renter agrees that any use of the Center’s Facilities will comply with all statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations issued by Federal, State and municipal governments, including all rules of the City of Fort Collins Police and Fire Departments and the Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Due to Fire Department regulations, all doors must be unlocked at the time of the event and there may not be any more than 49 people in the Main Gallery at one time, more than 49 people in the Gould Gallery at one time or more than 49 people in the South Gallery at one time.
• Licenses & Payments. Renter agrees to obtain or collect and to pay and deliver to proper governmental agency or regulating authority, any and all license fees, permits , royalties, and taxes that my be required in connection with the event.
• Hazardous Material. Renter agrees not to bring on the premises any material, substance, equipment or object which is likely to endanger the life of, or cause bodily injury to any person or property or which is likely to constitute a hazard.
Responsibility and Indemnity
• Conduct. The conduct of all participants while on the Center’s property shall be the responsibility of the Renter. Renter also accepts all responsibility for any injury to person(s) or property, or loss of or damage to property or theft of personal property or artistic content on the Centers’ premises during the rental period, or resulting there from. Failure by any individual or group to follow all applicable rules and regulations will be cause for eviction from the premises. The Center retains the right to evict objectionable persons from the premises. Repeated violations will result in denial of future reservation requests.
• Indemnity. Renter shall release, indemnify, keep and save harmless, the Center, its agents, officers, or employees from any and all responsibility or liability for any and all damages or injury of any kind or nature whatever (including death) to all persons, whether agents or employees of the Renter or persons attending the events for which the premises have been leased, and to all property damage proximately caused by, incident to, resulting from, arising out of, occurring in connections with, the use by the Renter of the premises. The provisions of this section shall include any and all losses, damages, injuries, settlements, judgments, decrees, awards, finds, penalties, claims, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
A staff member from the Center will walk through with the Renter before and after with a checklist to review the premises.
For Food Related permit information, contact:
Aimee Jensen, Deputy City Clerk
City Clerk’s Office
300 LaPorte Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80522