TOURNAMENT GAME RULES
4th Grade Divsion 5th Grade Division 6th Grade Division 7th Grade Division 8th Grade Division 9th Grade Division 10th Grade Division 11th Grade Division
1. Games are (2) 14-minute, stop time halves ( 4th through 8th grades) 9th through 11th grade games are (2) 16-minute, stop time halves
2. Team Bonus: One and one is shot on the 10th team foul of the half. Two shots are taking on the 13th foul of the half.
3. New York State Basketball Rules apply (5) Five fouls per player before disqualification.
4. Team Time Outs: Each team is allowed three timeouts per game.
6. Overtime: Each over time period is 2 minutes stop time in length. 1 time out is granted during each overtime period.
7. Technical fouls are 2 points and the ball. No foul shots are taken. Any Player or Coach receving two unsportsmanlike technical fouls is not allowed to play the rest of the tournament.
8. Pressing: You may not press a team across half court up more then 20 points.
9. Running/Stop Time: If a team is down more than 20 points in the second half, the clock becomes running time. The score must be cut to 15 points or less to revert back to stop time.
HOME TEAM (
TEAM ON THE SCHEDULE TO THE RIGHT)
SUPPLIES THE GAME BALL. THERE WILL BE NO BASKETBALLS AT ANY SITE. BRING YOUR OWN BASKETBALL PLEASE
Exception to rules above
ALL GIRLS & BOYS 4th, 5th & 6th GAMES WILL PLAY WILL A 28.5 Game Ball
4th grade boys division: 28.5 basketball only. Man to man half court defense allowed only.
"HELP SIDE DEFENSE IS ALLOWED INSIDE THE 3 POINT LINE".
Pressing is allowed in the last minutre of the game. Pressing is not allowed if you are up 10 or more points.
5th - 6th grade division: 28.5 basketball only. No pressing allowed after a 15 point lead. All defenses are allowed.
7th - 11th grade: 29.5 basketball only.
Format of Tournament
A. In any situation where two teams are tied, head to head competition between the teams will determine the winner.
B. If more than two teams tie, a point differential tie breaker will be applied. The point difference between the involved in the tie are totaled. Teams are then ranked according to the sum of the point differential – with the highest number placing above the second highest point total and the third point next. Note: The maximum that one team can beat a team by is 15 points.
C. If two teams are still tied after the application of the formal, go back to (A) to break the tie.
D. If more than two teams are still tied after the application of the formula, the point differentials of the team(s) not involved in the tie are added, and the results recalculated.
E. The score of all forfeits shall be 15-0.
F. If there is still a three-way tie, a three-way flip of a coin will determine team placement.
1. Syracuse Select Basketball Tournaments rules limit roster to 12 players and 2 coaches for award reason only.
2. A player may not play on two team at the same grade or age level. 3. A player may play on two two teams on two different levels if he meets age anmd grade eligibilty.
3. A player must have played in one pool game to play in any play-off game.
4. Any team that would like to protest another player on a opposing team must pay a $50 protest fee per player. If player is deemed leagal team protesting will lose protest fee and will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club fo Syracuse. If said player is deemed illegal the team protesting will be issued a refund and team will be removed from the tournament. This protest must be made before pool play has been completed. No protest will be heard once pool play has been completed.
Team medals will be presented for 1st place of the division winner.
WE PROVIDE THE SCORE KEEPERS AT ALL TIME. NONE IS NEEDED