Services shall be provided in accordance with State law and municipal ordinances and resolutions as requested on the setup form at rates as established by ordinance or resolution of the Spanish Fork City Council provided that city shall not be responsible for failure to deliver services by reason of strikes, accidents, acts of God, weather conditions, natural disasters - whether declared or undeclared, state or other governmental regulations or any other act, contingency of bar beyond city's control.
2. CUSTOMER shall pay such fees and deposits as shall be established by the city and shall further be subject to termination of services upon non-payment or failure to comply with rules, regulations, ordinances or laws as established by the city. CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees to pay minimum water charges, and minimum electric charges, even in the event that the premises are vacant for extended periods of time, provided that CUSTOMER may eliminate minimum electric and water charges only by requesting the city to terminate service. In such event, CUSTOMER agrees to pay a reinstatement fee, as set by the city, to restore electric power service and water services. Utility deposits will be held without interest for an indefinite period of time. CUSTOMER agrees to be bound by the utility policy of the city and also the terms and conditions of the Rate Schedule and to pay applicable rates as established by the city council. A tenant deposit is held until tenant moves. At that time, it will be applied to the account, and any unused portion will be refunded. A homeowner who fails to post a deposit when requested is subject to termination of service. In the event payment is late, a 5% late fee will be assessed. There will be a charge on all returned checks in the maximum amount allowed by state law, and CUSTOMER agrees to pay the same. Utility service is subject to city ordinances and policies established by the Spanish Fork City Council.
3. The City requires free unobstructed access to electric, water and pressurized irrigation meters at all times.
4. CO-SIGNER does hereby agree and is hereby bound and is equally liable with CUSTOMER to pay the city any amounts billed pursuant to this agreement.
5. In the event CUSTOMER defaults in payment, CO-SIGNER agrees to give the CITY the right to attach any delinquent amounts to CO-SIGNER'S personal utility account. CO-SIGNER'S utility service will be subject to disconnection if acceptable arrangements are not made with the CITY to pay off said delinquent amount.
6. In the event this account is placed with an attorney for collection, either with or without suit, CUSTOMER and CO-SIGNER shall be responsible for all court costs and reasonable attorney's fees incurred thereby.
7. In the event this account is placed with a collection agency for collection, CUSTOMER shall be responsible for all collection costs incurred including a collection fee of up to 40%, pursuant to the provisions of Utah Code Ann. §12-1-11.
8. CUSTOMER and CO-SIGNER, if any, hereby warrant and affirm that the information provided on this set up form is true and correct to the best of their knowledge. FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRUE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION UNDER UTAH CODE S76-8-504. Customer and co-signer also affirm, understand, and agree to comply with provisions of this utility contract.
9. Federal law requires that we establish your identity, either by accessing information in your credit report, or by viewing an acceptable form of picture identification as outlined in our identity theft prevention policy. By submitting this application you are authorizing us to obtain information from your credit report to validate your identity.