· Military personnel preparing for separation from active service, Guard & Reserve members and veterans. ALL of these are eligible to participate.
· Hiring event for employers looking to hire veterans and military personnel preparing to separate from active service as well as other general career seekers. This will be a special event with all participating employers having jobs ready to hire, and willing to interview eligible career seekers.
· 10:30 - 2:30 Thursday, March 27th, 2014
· Armed Forces Reserve Center, 1429 Mow-Way Road, Ft. Sill, OK 73503
Map and Location of AFRC
· Military personnel preparing for separation, veterans and members of the Guard and Reserves will register on-line and provide their career objectives and job skills. General job seekers, to include Oklahoma State and Meridian graduates, will not register but are invited to attend this event.
· Participating employers will have registered and attested to having jobs ready to hire and being prepared to interview eligible career seekers.
· Registered career seekers and employers will meet at the event to discuss employment opportunities, review job requirements and resumes, and schedule interviews.
· Oklahoma’s dynamic economy requires the full use of its motivated and highly skilled workforce, and will benefit greatly from the increased employment of the State’s job-ready current and former military personnel. Many of Oklahoma’s veterans, military personnel preparing to leave active service, and Guard and Reserve members are well prepared and ready for employment now. They offer a wealth of transferrable skills and abilities as well as exceptional adaptability to immediately contribute to the State’s economy and to the success its business community.