· Oklahoma Military Connection is seeking business leaders with jobs ready to hire who are:
· Interested in employing qualified, job-ready members of Oklahoma’s military community to include separating active duty personnel, veterans and members of the Guard and Reserves; and
· Prepared to conduct preliminary interviews with eligible career seekers.
· Oklahoma Military Connection is sponsoring a by-invitation hiring event to match employers with positions ready to hire with job-ready military and former military personnel as well as job seekers from the surrounding area who are not military related. This will be a special hiring event to match the State’s best employers with a wealth of talented and work-ready career seekers from Oklahoma’s vibrant and highly qualified military community.
· 10:30 - 2:30 Thursday, November 7th, 2013 (Note: Set-up begins at 8:00 am with an Opening Ceremony tentatively scheduled for 10:30 am).
· 10:30 - 12:00 time set aside specifically for military related populations
· 12:00 - 2:30 time set aside for general career seekers as well as military related populations, this will include graduates
· Industrial Development Center - Meridian Technology Center, 1312 South Sangre Road, Stillwater, OK 73069
Map and location of Industrial Development Center
· Interested employers must register on-line and respond to questions providing details of jobs immediately available for hire and respective required skills. Registered employers must agree to:
1. Have jobs ready to hire
2. Have staff personnel on site well-versed in the requirements of available jobs and capable of screening eligible career seekers for interviewing
3. Be willing to interview eligible career seekers
4. Employers registering and agreeing to the above prerequisites will be invited to participate in this special hiring event.
5. Job ready members of Oklahoma’s military community will also be registering on-line and responding to questions to elicit information on their employment background, career objectives and job skills; and will also be informed of invited employers with jobs ready to hire. Non-Military related individuals will also be invited to this event but, will not be matched to your positions prior to the event.
6. These registered participants will represent the pool of potential interviewees. There will also be individuals who have not pre-registered who may be visiting employer booths and seeking basic information about your company.
7. Participating employers are encouraged to arrive at the Meridian Technology Center - Industrial Development Center on Thursday, November 7th between 8:00 am and 9:30 pm to set up. The event will begin promptly at 10:30am.
· Oklahoma’s dynamic economy requires the full use of its motivated and highly skilled workforce, and will benefit greatly from the increased employment of the State’s job-ready current and former military personnel. Many of Oklahoma’s veterans, military personnel preparing to leave active service, and Guard and Reserve members are well prepared and ready for employment now. They offer a wealth of transferrable skills and abilities as well as exceptional adaptability to immediately contribute to the success of Oklahoma’s business community.