Park University is committed to a policy of fair treatment for students and follow-up of concerns and complaints expressed by students. Students are encouraged to seek an informal resolution of the matter directly with the department, staff member, faculty member, student or individual(s) involved when possible. If the concern is an appeal of a decision already made by a Park faculty or staff member – please check page 58 of the current Park University Catalog for a list of Administrative Appeals, so you know which position to seek for further assistance. Pages 59-60 of the current Park University Catalog lists other types of grievances and complaints, which can help guide your next steps. For matters where a resolution is not feasible, when the student believes there is value to expressing the concern formally, or when the complaint is about a specific Park University Policy or Park Departmental Procedure - a Student Complaint and Concern Form can be completed.
After you submit the Student Complaint and Concern Form, it is reviewed by staff in the Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs. It will then be reviewed and handled directly, or forwarded to the appropriate department or person based on the subject matter.
· Example 1: If the complaint is against a student for possible violation of the Park University Student Code of Conduct, please review the Student Conduct Code and procedures listed on theStudent Life page on the Park University website for a listing of the Student Conduct Code and associated Violation Report Form.
· Example 2: If the complaint alleges a violation of Park’s Non-Discrimination Policy or Harassment Policy (fully outlined on pages 55-57 of the current Park University Catalog please forward your concern to the Dean of Student Life, who serves as the Interim Title IX Coordinator for the University.
· Example 3: If the subject matter is a residential hall complaint, please forward your concern to the Director of Residence Life and Education.
· Example 4: If the concerns relates to an online class or online procedure, please send your question or concern to OnlineStudents@Park.edu.
· Example 5: If the subject matter is academic in nature – it will be referred to the appropriate Department Chair, Campus Center Academic Director, Park Distance Learning staff, or other – as appropriate.
If the concern does not fit any of these categories and is about a Park University policy or a departmental procedure, or if your concern is general in nature and you’re unsure who to contact, please complete the information below with as much detail as possible. The Office of the Associate VP for Student Affairs will look into the concern and communicate information back to the you, generally within 1-2 weeks.
Upon resolution of most matters, the response and documentation of follow-up with the student is returned to Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs who will forward the decision to the student.